Los Angeles is a city which is renowned for its diversity of cultures. A large part of the population is constituted by immigrants to the city. They are known to face trouble from various illegal agencies that try to take advantage of their immigration status. It is in these types of scenarios that immigration lawyers in Los Angeles can play a big part.
If you own a company that employs immigrants, then it is important that you take sufficient legal precautions to keep them safe. If you neglect immigrant laws while employing immigrant workers in your enterprise, it is possible that you will get in to trouble with the authorities. Immigrant employees have their own rights that need to be upheld. The first step in the direction of protecting immigrant workers is to follow the relevant rules. Assure them of your company’s policies by writing an immigration law compliance policy. The following steps will help you through the process of doing this.
Writing immigration law compliance policy
- Before starting to write the policy, make a cover page for the document. Make sure that you give the document an appropriate title and date of approval. Also, add the logo of the company at the top of the document.
- In the subject part of the document, give a brief description of the company’s policies, stressing on the fact that company employs only legal citizens. Also, mention that the company does not discriminate its employees based on nationality or religious belief.
- Make sure to cite specific immigration reform laws on the document. Give the details of the employment verification documents that each employee must fill up, within two days after his hire date.
- If any employee has to be re-hired, ask him or her to fill out the same employment verification details.
- Warn the employees against giving out false details on the verification form. Also, caution them against omitting or misinterpreting any details. Mention that such acts are liable to get the employee terminated from the job. Also, mention that, if any such acts were to be found out, they would not only be dismissed from their jobs, but also be reported to concerned appropriate governmental agencies.
These are some details, which will let you dispense with the need of finding good immigration lawyers in Los Angeles. With the help of these tips, you will be able to write an immigration law compliance policy.Google+